On the grounds of the Jesuit General Curia in Rome is located the
Archives building housing ARSI which is the archives of the central
government for the worldwide Society of Jesus (founded 1540).
ARSI will reopen on Monday 21st September.
The Archive will be open Mon-Fri, 9am to 12.45 pm; 2pm to 4.30pm.
Initially the capacity will be limited to 8 scholars upon reservation.
For reservations write a mail to email@example.com. Note the email will be active ONLY from 1st Septembre. Any message send before will be ignored. The reservation will be considered confirmed only after having received confirmation by email.
Yearly Schedule Dates when Archivio is closed in 2020-2021 (Dates are inclusive).
- Monday 2 November 2020 (All Souls' Day)
- Tuesday 8 December 2020 (Immaculate Conception)
- From Monday 21 December 2020 to Tuesday 5 January 2021 (Christmas - Epiphany)
- From Thursday 1 April to Monday 5 April 2021 (Holy Easter)
- Wednesday 2 June (National Holiday)
- Tuesday 29 June (Saints Peter and Paul)
- From Thursday 29 July to Friday 10 September 2021 (summer closing)
- Any change in the daily schedule will be immediately communicated to readers.
Each year at the first visit to ARSI, the researcher must register and provide a proof of identity, and a letter of recommendation.
Every day, morning and evening, the researcher must sign the register.
Those using manuscript material must have the competence to read the documents provided. Staff will provide only limited assistance.
No access to documents later than 10 February 1939 (the death of Pope Pius XI).
Borgo S. Spirito 4