Parts of the meeting
were lived within the context of spiritual conversation: about the Catholic
Identify of our Schools based on the new instruction of the Congregation for
Education of the Vatican on the Identity of the Catholic School for a Culture
of Dialogue. Fr. Benoît Malvaux, Procurator of the Society, joined us and offered
his canonical reflections on the topic. Also the upcoming II Seminar
JESEDU-Jogja2024 precisely on the topic of Catholic/Jesuit Identify and
in-depth faith formation. The Secretary for the Service of Faith, Fr. John
Hanvey, accompanied this discussion.
Other interesting topics to mention:
• The approval of the charter of the Jesuit Global Network of Schools (to be presented to Father General for final approval);
• The celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Fr. Arrupe’s paradigmatic allocution Men and women for Others, as an occasion to go deeper into our contemporary understanding of Jesuit Education and the challenges of our era;
• The impact of some of Father General’s recent documents and decisions and the way to respond to his request to reflect on the creation of a culture of collaboration in our Jesuit schools;
• The situation of Educate Magis, including a full report of the online global community and its future projects;
• Even the use in our schools of a new Documentary titled Francesco, the value of a tool, Jesuit.media, offered by the Communications Office of the Curia, and the broad projects of the New Global Compact of Education and Planet Fraternity.